Monday, December 28, 2009

Then & now...

Our wedding day, December 28, 1991.
I have loved this man for 23 years and today we are celebrating our 18th wedding anniversary. If interested, you can read the story about how I met Steve my senior year at a basketball game 60 miles from my home town here.

We have always done something special to celebrate our wedding. Sometimes it has been very simple and other times it has been more elaborate. Sometimes we celebrate the occasion with other friends or family members, but mostly we choose to dress up and splurge on supper.
On our 10th anniversary, I added another annual tradition.
I made an anniversary scrapbook and included a picture of us each year with some highlights of what happened to us during that year.
Since 2001, I have added one page a year and along with the highlights from the year, I started including exactly what we did to celebrate our anniversary.
There are always ups and downs in life, but the constant for the past 18 years, is the value Steve & I have for one another and in our marriage.
I am thankful that as an 18 year old, I knew not to let this guy get away! I love you, Honey!!

5 comments:

the mom~ said...

Ahhhh...you done good Nae!!!
Congrats on a successful marriage.

Lori said...

So sweet. Congratulations and happy anniversary!! You guys are a great couple!!

Heather said...

Happy Anniversary! I love your book and that you two always do something special to celebrate. You are both so very awesome!

Mom said...

Do hope you had a beautiful day!! Enjoy your little mini-vacation this week :o)
Love You all
MOM & DAD

Kathy said...

First of all, Happy Anniversary!

I loved the walk down memory lane. My anniversary album is about 5 years behind again...I am so bad at taking time to keep things updated. I know someday I'll regret that!

Congrats, 18 years regardless of ups and downs is something to be very proud of for sure.