Sunday, December 27, 2009

Making use of the snow

The Christmas Winter Blizzard of 2009 brought lots of fresh snow and with the temperature right at 31 degrees, it was perfect snow for making snowpeople!I was so excited to play in the snow that I went out by myself and started the construction of a HUGE snowman on Christmas Day. Eventually, the rest of my family joined in because they didn't want to be left out. Thankfully, Grandma Rose ventured out and took some photos of our progress.
I like my snowmen to have a theme or at least some decoration of some sort.

We started with a Santa Snowman and then we worked on adding a companion.
We had several false starts on making "Rex", Santa snowman's faithful companion. Just as we were trying to add the eyes, Rex's head fell off... Abby was devastated because "It will never be the same!!!!!" Eventually, Steve and I fashioned a new head and this time added the eyes more carefully, so his head wouldn't be knocked off again.
Bella's leash was the perfect accessory. {Abby finally calmed down and was happy again}.
We were all soaking wet by the time we were done. Here is our final group project. {umm... no I don't know why I am crouching down.} I look like goober, but couldn't figure out how to fix myself in Photoshop.
Wait. I have an idea!
There. It looks better when I am not in the picture!

3 comments:

the mom~ said...

You guys did a fabulous job!

Lori said...

That snowman (and companion) rocks!! You all did a great job!!

Charlene said...

That is amazing!!