Sunday, January 3, 2010

A new theme for 2010

I failed at so many New Year's resolutions that I stopped doing them about 10 years ago. I hated the disappointment at the end of the year when I reflected upon yet another resolution that I was able to resolve. A week ago, good friends of ours were spending the night because the weather had turned bad and they needed a place to stay. Denise shared that her sister-in-law chose a theme for each year rather than a resolution to work towards. I mulled that over... a theme, that sounds more positive, something actually doable. The more I thought about it, the more I liked it. After much thought, I came up with a theme or mantra, if you will, to follow in 2010. My theme is "CLEAN", not the kind of clean as in clean my house, although I most certainly could do more of that. I mean "clean" as in clean-up-my-act, clean-up my mental clutter, clean-up my inner critic, clean-up my language, clean-up how I treat myself. I really feel this will make me a better person, better mom, better wife, better friend. I want to be more conscience of the junk I do which dirties up my thoughts and actions. "Clean" is such a clear, concise word. I can wrap my brain around this theme. I have been visualizing a cleaner way of thinking and treating myself and you know what, it looks pretty darn good! I am excited and motivated to work on this. I am going to hold myself accountable to be "clean" in 2010 or at least "cleaner". I'm going to commit to writing about my struggles and accomplishments once a quarter in 2010. There I said it... I committed to it.... I am going to work on being CLEAN!!

5 comments:

Kristy said...

That's an awesome plan/idea. Russ & I discussed something very similar last night & have very positive outlooks for the New Year.

Lori said...

Since you are already totally fabulous, I just feel like this will give you an unfair advantage over us mere mortals. Here's to you...being clean (er) and here to me for trying to keep up!!

Heather said...

I love the idea of a theme or mantra for yourself this year. Mine is balance. Thanks for sharing this with us, can't wait to hear your progress throughout the year!

Charlene said...

I love the theme idea. I'm eager to see how it works for you this year!

Mom said...

I like this!