Sunday, September 30, 2012

The Mustache Bash

I must say that I had a blast putting together Kippy's 12th birthday party.  When I originally suggested a "mustache" themed party, Kippy was rather skeptical.  Then I told her my ideas to create an invitation "I mustache you a question, will you comb over to my birthday party?", give every one a "my stache" jar filled with goodies, and play a few games, Kippy came on board.

A huge shout-out to my sister-chic, Lori, who went above and beyond with creating adorable vinyl mustaches with her Silhouette cutting gadget. The only supplies we bought were some stache jars at the Dollar store, along with some green, black, and white streamers, plain white cups, white balloons, mustache duct tape and stick-on mustaches.

We stuck the vinyl mustaches on nearly EVERYthing.  From family pictures....

To balloons....
To bulletin boards...
We even hung them with filament from the chandelier... and with a hole punch, made mustache straws.  The City Bakery created some adorable mustache cupcakes for us, even tho they couldn't figure out WHY I wanted mustaches for a girls 12th birthday party!
The mustache crew had a great time selecting their mustache style, creating milk mustaches while dunking their oreos and just laughing and giggling.
 The girls played some games... Who am I? with labels stuck on their foreheads.
got blind folded and tried to stick the mustache on correctly...
 

ate treats, made faces, giggled some more and watched a movie.
I have to say, I love hosting this party for these tweens.  They were a very fun "crew".

1 comment:

Lori said...

What a fun party!! Great job with the decorations!! Looks like your party was a big hit. I'd like to say more, but I really mustache ;)