Thursday, December 23, 2010

Cruising the lights

We like to spend at least one evening driving around looking at Christmas lights within our home town. We like to go to the neighborhoods with the most lights. There is some judging that occurs, while we sip our hot chocolate & listen to Christmas tunes. The backseat critics give letter grades A-F.
This house got an A+... it had the perfect balance of lights and such a very warm glow.

This was the most beautiful Nativity set, so warm & inviting.
Our neighbors transform their house into a giant gingerbread house, which puts our house to shame.
This house just cracked us up. It is a Griswold-wanna-be.

My favorite part was the sign out front "Thanks be unto God for His unspeakabl Gift." Guess spelling wasn't a strong point.

Have to give them a shout-out for the most unique Nativity Creche... a doggie kennel.
I have to say I am not fan of the red candles in the windows. It really makes a house look spooky or something to me. {Perhaps I shouldn't have watched Amityville Horror as a kid.}
Here is our house at night. The back-seat critics gave it a C+. I give it an A+ because Steve didn't have to make a trip to the emergency room to complete it!

1 comment:

Lori said...

I LOVE the lights!! That is my favorite part of Christmas Eve....I can hardly wait!!