Thursday, September 2, 2010

Squished Pennies

Have you seen the Kiosks for making a souvenir out of a penny? This is something we never pass up when we see one. We have been collecting squished pennies from various trips and vacations for a long time. In fact, we have a special portfolio "penny passport" to store them in, which makes it nice to see all the places we have been in one spot. Although, I thought it would be great to have a charm bracelet made out of them, but I don't know how to do that so it is easier to stick them in a book.
Generally, you get to choose from 3 or 4 different templates or versions. The girls like the machines that they get to hand crank better than the automatic machines. Many times, we end up getting two different versions from the same location. We do this to avoid arguments between the girls and to let them each choose her own style. The best part is each penny souvenir only costs $0.51, so no big deal to have duplicates. Do you collected souvenir pennies? If so, what do you do with your collection?

3 comments:

Lori said...

I love those. A great (inexpensive) way to bring home a memento. I love the bracelet idea. I bet you could figure it out. You are pretty crafty!

Kathy said...

We do and I wish I knew where they were!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love that you have them all in a book. Not that I am surprised because you are so organized about stuff like this but there you go again inspiring me!

the mom~ said...

We never have but I like the idea of putting them in a book to save!