to wish Abby a happy golden 13th birthday today! Welcome to the teen years, Abby!! Grandma & Grandpa gifted Abby with these 13 gold coins to commemorate this milestone birthday.
Despite the track meet this afternoon and choir concert tonight, we still want to take time to let you know how much you are loved and to celebrate your special day with you.
Thirteen years ago, we were blessed with a beautiful daughter who surprised us by arriving 4 weeks early. You were a perfect, tiny bundle at just 6 lbs 1 oz with dark hair. We chose to name you, Abbigail Rose, which means Father's Joy, and also in honor of your Grandma Rose. You were a dream come true for us and will always be our cherished daughter.
We have come up with thirteen characteristics unique to you that we love.
1. You have a great sense of humor and ability to laugh at yourself. (Mad sarcasm skills, too!)
2. You are outgoing and very kind-hearted. You truly are a people-person.
3. You are a fantastic storyteller. You started talking early at 9 months and it has served you well (aside from a few visits to Mrs. Carpenter to control "when" to talk).
4. You are very musical. We love to listen to you sing, play piano and saxophone.
5. You are sensitive and caring. You can also express your feelings in a diplomatic fashion, which is a gift.
6. You are a fabulous writer, even if your ability to spell is unorthodox.
7. You are confident and willing to take on new challenges and try new things.
8. You have an amazing memory. You can remember the smallest of details, which really contributes to your storytelling ability and writing skills.
9. You are an artist, a poet and show your creativity in so many unique ways.
10. You are easy-going and slow-paced. Sometimes a little too slow-paced in the morning, right?
11. You are generous with your time and selfless in so many situations.
12. You like to dress with flair and are a great person to go shopping with.
13. You are a beautiful person inside and out!