Thursday, November 11, 2010

In honor of Veterans Day

A sincere thank you to my brother Russ, and to all the Veterans who have served this country to preserve our freedom.
We are grateful and proud of you Russ! You are my hero.

This red, white and blue family solutes all Veterans on this beautiful day!

The Bravest Man I Know

by Amanda Whitney


The bravest man I know.

Is a man I've never met.

He's a man who risks his life

To save a friend,

Not only to save a friend,

But to save a nation.

Risking his life

For those he does not know.

Stepping up

Leaving loved ones behind,

So that somewhere,

Someone else won't have to.

He is a man who follows orders

Even though he knows he might die.

The bravest man I know.

Is the man who would rather die,

So one more person could go home

To see his family again.

The man who stares death in the face,

But never blinks.

The bravest man I know.

Is the man who risks his life

So one day the world may be a better place for his children.

Or any man who goes against his biggest fear.

DEATH

Just to save someone he loves.

The bravest man I know.

Is the man who fights

So another man can have the taste of sweet freedom.

Not fighting only for his own benefit,

But for many others all over the world,

Fighting to make this world a better place.

That's the bravest man I know.

3 comments:

the mom~ said...

Thank you Russ!

Heather said...

Beautiful thoughts for this Veteran's Day. Thank you to Russ and all of America's Veteran's for their sacrifice to protect and preserve our freedoms.

Lori said...

Great poem. Thanks to Russ and ALL of our country's veterans. We are blessed beyond measure for their sacrifice.