Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Valentine Delights

The girls and I had a great time putting together some treats and goodies for Valentine's day.  Angelique really had her "craft-on" and made some little Chocolate Kiss mice for her classmates as well as custom Valentines for both Steve & me.  
Abby, Hannah and Kippy frosted and decorated heart shaped sugar cookies, which we gifted to some dear friends and their piano teacher after munching a few ourselves.
 
We had our traditional family Valentine supper with red/white/pink foods.  I even made these delicious sugared grapes for dessert.  It was super easy - just wash the grapes, then sprinkle with raspberry jello to coat and then refrigerate for 2-3 hours.  The coating made the grapes sparkle and added a real flavor punch!

Pinterest has continued to be a source of inspiration and creative outlet for me.  This adorable Valentine swag was made from colored felt (cut and sewn into hearts), felted pom-poms and some embroidery floss. 

I had so much fun making the hearts that I ended up with two swags!

No comments: