Monday, July 18, 2011

Therapy

A little over a year ago, one of my sister-chics moved away... f a r a w a y.... all the way to Papillion, Nebraska. Thankfully, the distance has never put a wedge in between us but rather made us more grateful for the time we are able to carve out for one another. We have discovered Sioux Falls is a great meet-in-between spot. Last week we met in SF and celebrated a three week belated birthday; laughed hysterically; had a miscommunication on our "meet-spot"; had a near-death experience by almost having a head on collision; explored Falls Park (nearly losing HH in the quartz quarry); shared our life challenges; encouraged one another; ate delicious iced lemon w/ raspberries; cried; hugged; shopped. It was the best 7 hours of therapy I could ever ask for.

Thank you, my sister-chics, you lift me up & recharge my batteries!

2 comments:

Heather said...

Oh the memories we have made on all of our trips to SF (only 3 you say???? REALLY???)!!! That place is magic for all of the therapy and healing and sharing and laughing and crying that goes on there. You failed to mention that the delicious lemon ices and near head on collision were directly related!!! Oh, and don't forget the lovely vintage dresses and pant suits!!! I can't wait to go back to SF! When will we do it again???

Lori said...

I am so grateful that you are able to take time out of your very busy life to meet me in SF. I needed some soul food and that is exactly what I got. I love every minute I get to spend with you and laughing until I cry is just one of the perks.