Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Girlfriend therapy

What more could a girl want than to be with two of her besties for her birthday? It certainly was a treat for me. HH & I left for Sioux Falls early Friday AM to meet LR, who was driving up from Omaha. We took time for lunch and quickly worked on catching up on one another's lives. We went to a salon school and had pedi's. Needless to say, the pedi-performers could use a little more "training". We sure got a lot of laughs out of it, but doubt if we will ever repeat it. Next we got in a little retail therapy. I had forgotten how great it is to get honest opinions about how things look. I love my peeps! Supper was downtown at the Phillips Avenue Diner. Delish - plus the pumpkin cheese cake was the best birthday cake I could have ever wanted! Yummers. We stayed up very late talking and laughing until we cried. Seriously - HH & LR are hILaRiOus!! Saturday started out with treasure hunting {Savers} and more retail therapy. By mid-afternoon, we were ready for school. Our schooling consisted of a private class to learn how to make bracelets and earrings at the Bead Company. HH & LR caught on WAY faster and completed more projects than I did, but they still let me hang out with them, so it's all good. By the end of the day, it did get a little sad because we know our time together would be ending soon. Our final splurge was the Sin Of The Day at Sinful Things Gourmet Desserts. Oh my! WOwwY-wOw-woW! I went for the Ultimate Sin... strawberry cheesecake sandwiched between rich chocolate cake. Yup - I ate the whole thing. It was the first time in my life that I ate cake for my supper and I don't regret it a bit! I came home with my spirit lifted, my energy replenished and with a very happy heart. Thank you so very much HH & LR!

4 comments:

Kathy said...

Looks like you had a great Birthday. Way to go for it with the dessert.

Mom said...

I am sure you are the envy of a lot of people to be able to spend this time with such caring girlfriends!

Lori said...

That was the best weekend EVER! I think you caught on to the beading just fine...you just didn't throw any old beads together...like I did. Thanks for the great pick-me-up. It was more fun than I even imagined!

the mom~ said...

Looks and sounds like you girls had a fabulous weekend!