Friday, October 2, 2009

Potters Way

On Sunday afternoon, my parents took us to the cutest farm outside of Oakes, ND called Potters Way. I was curious as to why it was called Potters Way. The owners pointed out a beautiful bible verse on the wall "We are the clay, you are the potter; we are all the work of your hand." Isaiah 64:8. No better inspiration than that!

We got to browse through gorgeous Fall decor and sample delightful goodies and jellies.
4 ladies on pumpkins: Grandma Rose, Abby, Bella & Kippy
The "bling" pumpkin caught Abby's eye (big surprise there)
Kippy's interest when an entirely different direction.

After browsing through the barn, we headed out to see the barnyard animals.
Bella was terrified, so Steve picked her up and she tentatively checked out one sheep.
My favorite character was Charlie. Charlie has a severe under-bite that cracked me up.
So hard to take this long horn steer seriously with that under-bite!
Kippy liked Jenny, the donkey and her baby named Marshmallow.

Next we entered the Wizard of Oz themed corn maze.
Our two munchkins and Toto found what was left of the wicked witch of the east.

Next we headed out through the maze to find our way. (Bella was absolutely no help at all.)

We met a few friends along the way...

"I'll get you my pretties and your little dog too!!!" Scary stuff, but we eventually found our way out.
Next, we boarded the Pumpkin Express for a ride out to the patch to pick our pumpkins.
Despite the gusty winds that nearly blew us over, we had a fantastic afternoon!

4 comments:

Lori said...

What a perfect family memory maker. I am totally jealous. What an awesome blingin' pumpkin!! I NEED it!!

the mom~ said...

I absolutely love how different your girls are...reminds me of my boys! The pictures captured a fabulous weekend and such a cool place. Love the corn maze pictures and Chrlie too!

Charlene said...

I'm looking forward to many of these special fall activites!! Thanks for sharing!

Kathy said...

These are beautiful pictures! So precious to do it with your folks. I like your Mom's gray hair!



We haven't picked our pumpkins yet. It was cold here this weekend. Yesterday I did some shopping around town and today after my run I just stayed inside. I think I could be getting sick as my lacking energy right now.