Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Committed.

I am putting this in writing. I am committed to running the Fargo Half Marathon on May 9th. Thirteen point one miles, baby! And to think that when I was in High School track, I would sometimes skip out on the required 4 mile warm up. I remember hanging out at my friend Bob's house for about the time I should have been running and then going to track practice. Those days are long gone and nearly forgotten (LOL). I have done a 5K race, a 10K race and a sprint triathlon, but never thought I would even want to do a half marathon. Call me crazy, but it actually sounds like a lot of fun! I talked to someone this past weekend who has been in the Fargo 5K and she was really enthusiastic about how well run the races are. So, actually participating in a race that is well supported will be a completely new experience for me. None of my previous events were very well organized. My BFF, Kathy, is also planning to do a half marathon in May, so I feel like we are going to be doing it together (sort of). I'm following Kathy's recommended novice training schedule which makes the race seem doable. I'm in week 6... wish me luck!

4 comments:

Heather said...

You totally ROCK!!! Go NAE!!! I will gladly cheer you on. And I'd actually like to do the 5k here in town in June I think? I think that would be doable for me. Good luck...not that you need it!

Lori said...

Crazy? I think we passed that miles ago. I agree with Heather. You do totally rock! I keep hoping some of your fabulousness will rub off on me. Good Luck!!!

Charlene said...

Go Nae!!! Let me know how that goes....I have been tempted to try, but lack the motivation and commitment to go for it! I am sure you will be awesome at it!

the mom~ said...

Yah!!! Maybe HH and I can come up to cheer you on! WOOT WOOT!