As best as I can tell, it has been an annual tradition since the summer of 2004, since I have the digital proof dating back to that time. So that means it has been at least 7 years. Here Kippy was 3 years old and Abby was 7 in this pic. I love flashback photos... they make me SO nostalgic!
July 22-24, we were blessed with fantastic summer weather so got in lots of water activities. It was great to watch Brac as he showed off his newly acquired water skills on his ski trainer. He is definitely a performer and we just love his expressive personality!
Although getting water in his face was not the thing he enjoyed when he and Kippy tubed together.
Luckily, we had a great solution... water goggles!
Both Lindgren girls tried to get up on skis this year, but weren't quite able to make it happen. We are hoping next year will be their year.
Lance spoiled Denise & me with pina colada's from scratch while we took a sunset pontoon tour around the lake.
Of course the girls couldn't miss the tradition of celebrating Denise's birthday with a homemade cake. This year, Kippy was the baker and made Chocolate Surprise cake, which had cream cheese and choc chips in the center.
It really is a special weekend with great friends, lots of laughs, a beautiful lake and many memories.
Other notable weekend moments:
- Couple time at the Green Aguana
- Denise & I being rescued by Steve from a VERY long walk around the lake
- Kippy & Brac doing endless "canyon ball" dives from the end of the dock
- Lance training for his next triathlon
- Abby's meltdown about being splashed
- Brac's fantastic negotiation skills
- Bella puking on the carpet after eating all of Bailee's food
- A 5:00 AM thunderstorm which blew open the front door and soaked the carpet yet Denise somehow managed to sleep through